Both during winter or summer, soup is a dish I can always eat. And also, soup is the ideal dish to take your hunger away.
There are tons of recipes online if you want to make a descent soup. I myself however like to make my soup with nothing more then gut feeling. Mixing everything up and being curious about the end-result.
Cooking for me is a way of experimenting and keeping in mind that sometimes it might just taste awful in the end. You can’t learn without having practice can you? Usually I just open up my fridge and I try out dishes with what I have.
In the end, with soup, you can never go wrong. It is so easy to make and it’s done in 1 -2 -3. Of course I do try to make it as healthy as I can. therefore I don’t use any cream or potatoes.
Bellow you can find the recipe of a soup I’ve made many times before and always tastes great!
- 8 carrots
- 3x leek
- 1 union
- vegetable stock
- olive oil
- Peel the carrots and cut into pieces.
- Only use the leek white, cut into pieces and keep the green of the leek for later.
- Cut the onions into cubes.
- Put all of this in a saucepan and bake it in some olive oil.
- Add some water and boil until it’s done.
- Add the vegetable stock.
- When cooked, mix the soup thoroughly.
- Cut the green of the leek (use 2) in fine rings and add to the soup, and let it simmer until it is cooked too.
Delicious and healthy soup!
Tip: I use this vegetable stock