The weather is rather “such and such” for the moment. And with the weather being like that I tend to get an urge for nice warm en filling meals. An excellent way to prepare such a meal is by making an oven dish.
An oven dish is easy and fast to prepare. I’m going for a southern dish this time. Then it feels a bit like summer! And because I am on a carb free diet I leave the potatoes behind.
Like the zucchini, I find the eggplant a very tasty and grateful fruit. You will undoubtedly come across this in my recipes many times.
In addition, eggplant is also very useful as a meat substitute and super healthy!
INGREDIENTS: (3 persons):
- 2 eggplants
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 union
- 2 Cans of tomato sauce
- 2 balls of mozzarella
- 250gr chicken minced meat
- olive oil
- Cut the eggplants and courgettes into slices.
- Cut the onion into cubes and bake it, add the meat and let it stew.
- Add the tomato sauce and season with pepper and salt.
- Take an oven dish and put a little bit of tomato sauce on the bottom.
- Add the eggplants first, add some tomato sauce. Then on that comes a layer of zucchini. This way you will continue to work until all is used up.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and place them on top.
- Place the dish in a preheated oven ( 180 ° C) for 30 minutes.
- Then gratinate for another 5 minutes so that the mozzarella is beautiful and brown.
- When the weather is warm it’s nice to eat cold too!
- If you want to lose weight, you should eat minced meat not more than 1x a week.