The recipe below is on for the tough ones, the homemade chefs who love to experiment.
As you probably already know I love eggplant and today I wanted to make something different with it: a burger! I must admit I did not know what I started making this dish! What a mess I made! Not mentioning the cursing that occurred and the energy that was spend! But it’s the result that matters! I love the way it tastes!
Do you want to try it yourself? Go for it! But do keep in mind that an eggplant burger has a different texture then a meet burger.
INGREDIENTS (4 burgers)
- 2 eggplants
- olive oil
- a few leaves of basil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 zucchini
- 3 eggs
- some raw oatmeal
- Cut the eggplants into pieces and cook in some olive oil.
- Pure it with a bar mixer and add some fresh basil and pepper
- Let it cool.
- When the mixture has cooled down add 2 eggs and stir thoroughly.
- Use a bottomless shape in the form of a circle to make a hamburger. Make 4.
- Put the burgers in a preheated 180 ° C oven for + 30 minutes. Leave it for half an hour and then check if there is a crust on it. If there is no crust you can put the oven on “top and under heat”. From now on you have to keep a very close eye on it because it can burn quickly.
- Get them out of the oven as soon as a crust is formed.
- Cloth the remaining egg and gently brush the hamburgers with it. Place oatmeal flakes on one side of the hamburgers and bake in a pan. This is no easy job I tell you!
- Repeat this with the other side of the hamburger until both sides have a nice crust.
- The inside will remain soft, this is normal.
- No go and make your burger using everything you might like. I used some baked zucchini parts and some raw veggies.
Who dares making this recipe?
I would say: good luck! And remember, If your kitchen isn’t a battlefield you didn’t cook!