Sometimes I really really would like to stuff my face with fastfood. But then I quickly remember all the times in the past were I felt so guilty afterwards and I think “Don’t go that way”.
But from time to time the craving is so hard to resist that I go on a quest to find a healthy alternative. (read less carbs)
Whilst searching the internet I discovered “oopsie bread”
It is said that oopsie bread is a worthy alternative for a hamburger bread so I decided to test the recipe. I must say, to me it proved to be a very good alternative for the well known MC Donald bread and I did not for one minute had the feeling I was missing out on something.
Just try it yourself and please let me know what you think!
INGREDIENTS: (for two)
- 100 gr herbal cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tl wine baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Warm the oven (150°C) en put some baking paper on the tray.
- Take two bowls and devide the egg yolk from the protein.
- Put a pinch of salt in the bowl with the yolk and mix it.
- Put the herbal cheese with the egg protein and add the baking powder. Now mix it until it becomes a smooth substance.
- Gently use your spatula to mix the egg yolk under the protein. Work with small amounts to make sure the substance stays fluffy.
- Put 2 larger scoops on the baking tray or 4 smaller ones. Leave enough room between them ass they expand in the oven.
- Bake the oopsie bread for 25 to 30 min until they are goldenbrown.
- Now you can use whatever ingredients you like. I just used a meet burger, tomatoes and carrots but be ass creative ass you like.